Doing an apartment overhaul in Warsaw without sacrificing vacation plans and without getting into debt is easier than it seems if you find a reliable contractor. Euromed-Bud performs a full cycle of construction and renovation work at affordable prices and achieves the best results in the best possible time. It doesn’t matter what condition the housing is in – our specialists will eliminate layout defects, replace utility lines and reorganize the space according to your needs and preferences.
Apartment Overhaul: What Is Included in it
Overhaul involves restoring the proper state of the property and improving the operational characteristics of the premises, increasing its market value. The need for an overhaul most often arises when buying housing on the secondary market; at the same time, the reconstruction or replacement of structural elements and engineering networks, the installation of partitions or the combination of rooms is carried out.
For a busy person without civil engineering education, an overhaul is an overwhelming task, and besides, permits are needed for some types of work. Therefore, overhauls are carried out by specialized organizations that have qualified personnel and professional equipment.
The easiest way is to use turnkey renovation services – in this case, all organizational issues are settled by the general contractor, and you only need to fill out the application form on the website and wait for the consultant to call back. After the approval of the project, a schedule of work at the facility is drawn up; so as not to miss anything, the repair is carried out strictly according to plan:
- dismantling of windows, doors, utility lines and decoration, demolition of partitions;
- installation of switches and sockets;
- preparation of surfaces – pouring screed, levelling walls and ceilings;
- arrangement and reconstruction of pipelines – heating, water supply and sewerage;
- erection of drywall constructions;
- fine finishing – wallpapering, wall painting, decorative plastering, flooring, tiling;
- installation of skirting boards with cables and wires, connection of lighting fixtures and household appliances;
- installation of doors, windows and plumbing fixtures;
- arrangement of furniture and decorative elements;
- cleaning and removal of building waste.
How Much Does an Overhaul Cost in Warsaw?
Prices for overhauls in Warsaw and its suburbs are among the highest in Poland; the cost of an apartment overhaul reaches PLN 2,000–3,000 per sq. m depending on the materials and scope of work. If you plan to install a stove and plumbing fixtures, add another PLN 9,000–21,000 to the budget, which will be required to purchase equipment and pay for installation work. To find out how much an apartment overhaul costs, order a preliminary calculation of the estimate and add another 10% to it in case of unforeseen expenses.
Optimization of the Cost of the Apartment Overhaul
Do not rush to clutch your head when you see the results of the preliminary calculation of the estimate – an overhaul can be reduced in cost without changing the concept of the project and without sacrificing quality. To do this, Euromed-Bud provides a cost optimization service: we will analyse the cost structure and select budget analogues of expensive materials and technologies. Direct deliveries of certified building materials at partner prices will save you from trade margins; refusal to dismantle the supporting structures and use complex piece structures will also reduce the cost of the project.
Revision of the estimate can cause a significant blow to the family budget; so that unplanned expenses do not empty your wallet, give preference to contractors with fixed rates. During the inspection of the facility, insist on a thorough examination of engineering networks and ceilings – it is more profitable to include the elimination of malfunctions and local defects in the estimate than to pay extra.
How to Plan an Overhaul in Warsaw
When planning an overhaul, a systematic approach is important: decide what result you want to achieve, and then consider the available opportunities to achieve your goals. For an objective assessment of the condition of the apartment, we recommend inviting an independent expert so as not to be afraid of overstating the amount of work and imposing additional services. The results of the examination, recorded in the official certificate, will become the starting point for drawing up an approximate work plan and preparing the terms of reference for the contractor.
You can calculate the estimated cost of the overhaul using an online calculator, or even better, order a designer’s consultation with a free calculation of the initial estimate on the Euromed-Bud website. The exact amount will be announced to you by the project manager after the approval of the interior concept: the price-quality ratio is one of the best in Warsaw!
Stages of the Apartment Overhaul
After agreeing on the request for overhaul, our specialist visits the site, takes measurements of the premises, and studies the general plan and the state of engineering networks. Then a sketch of the interior is developed concerning the room, the nuances of planning, the arrangement of utility lines, the placement of sockets and switches are being worked out, and the arrangement of furniture and equipment is being thought out. Several architectural and planning solutions are offered, so the customer has the final word – you become an active participant in the creative process and create your dream with the hands of our craftsmen.
After agreeing on the design project, we proceed to the preparation of working documentation for construction teams – drawings, specifications, floor sections, wall elevation, surface profiles, etc. Clear step-by-step instructions for the implementation of construction and installation work minimize the likelihood of error and ensure the full implementation of the design intent.
When to Renovate an Apartment in Warsaw?
To maintain housing in good condition, it is recommended to do an overhaul every 10-15 years; in the event of a flood, short circuit, pipe burst and other major accidents, urgent replacement of failed utility lines and structural elements may be required. It is better to plan an overhaul for spring or summer in order to be able to regularly ventilate the room; in addition, in the warm season, paint and plaster dry faster, and it is more convenient to pour the screed, install window profiles and lay heating and air conditioning pipelines.
Is It Required to Report Somewhere about the Apartment Renovation?
The renovation approval procedure largely depends on whether the building belongs to the city or the community of residents: if the building is co-owned, it is necessary to obtain the consent of all residents, which requires extraordinary diplomatic skills. Skilled craftsmen work carefully and try to make less noise, but no one has yet managed to make an overhaul without uttering a sound.
Warn neighbours that you are planning renovation; it may be worth agreeing on the timing of the work in order to avoid complaints and reproaches. It is necessary to obtain permission for renovation with redevelopment from the supervisory authorities in cases where the work affects the basic structures and floors:
- arrangement of an attic, alteration of an uninhabited attic into a residential one;
- resizing openings and creating new openings for doors and windows;
- reconstruction of walls and stairs, further construction of external steps;
- insulation of facades in buildings with a height of more than 12 meters;
- new connection to the gas pipeline.
Owners of apartments in old stone buildings may also need additional approvals when replacing windows on the front side, upgrading life support systems and arranging a fireplace with a chimney outside the building. Considering that in many old houses there is a problem of dampness and mould, at the same time you will have to take care of coordinating the renovation of ventilation and the installation of an outdoor unit of the air conditioner.
Certain categories of renovation work are carried out without issuing permits, but with the notification of supervisory authorities – in high-rise buildings, this concerns the renovation of electrical, water and sewer and gas installations, the replacement of boiler equipment, plastering of external walls and insulation of facades in buildings up to 12 meters high. When renovating a private house, it is imperative to notify the technical supervision authorities about exterior, facade and roofing work, which include:
- renovation and replacement of the roof;
- installation of a window on the roof;
- renovation of foundation insulation;
- replacement of a fireplace with a chimney;
- installation of a fence above 2.2 meters from the street side.
What is the Difference between an Overhaul and a Complex Renovation?
Complex renovation is a private type of overhaul, which covers all categories of construction and installation works: functional zoning of space, installation of utility lines, preparation of foundations and finishing. As a rule, complex renovations are carried out in new apartments with a free layout – you arrange partitions at your discretion and organize the space in your own image. A standard apartment overhaul is limited to the replacement of individual structural elements, takes less time and is much cheaper.
What Guarantees Will I Receive by Ordering Renovation from you?
Euromed-Bud concludes a contract with the client, in which it undertakes to carry out the overhaul within the agreed timeframe in compliance with all technical standards and regulations. Upon delivery of the object, a work acceptance certificate is drawn up, which confirms the customer’s right to warranty service and a refund in case of unsatisfactory quality of services. However, for all our long-time practice, claims have never been received – we protect the interests of customers and provide guarantees for all types of services, and we do not give a reason for dissatisfaction!
Benefits of Ordering an Overhaul from Euromed-Bud
Having entrusted the apartment overhaul in Warsaw to Euromed-Bud specialists, you will finally feel at home: we create original living interiors that are comfortable for life, leisure and hobbies. Over the years of successful work in a highly competitive market, we have developed a win-win formula for high-quality and affordable overhaul:
- professionalism at all stages of the renovation: engineers are engaged in interior design, and construction and installation work is carried out by licensed craftsmen;
- time-tested practical and functional solutions – no experiments at the expense of the client;
- prompt service – application processing is 30% faster than competitors;
- ample opportunities to optimize estimates and purchase building materials on preferential terms;
- minimum noise, dust, debris and bickering with neighbours;
- adaptation to the customer’s daily routine – it is possible to work after hours and on weekends;
- transparent pricing policy – the technical justification of the estimate excludes mark-ups and hidden surcharges.
- personalized approach – not only technical standards are important, but also the personal wishes of customers.
The perfection of the renovation technique is complemented by the rich imagination and inspiration of the decorators, which endows each Euromed-Bud project with a subtle charm of originality. Thoughtful space ergonomics anticipates desires and becomes a reflection of your personality – it is a pleasure to return to such an apartment and invite friends to share warmth and comfort!
Choose the appropriate type of work and service package
Price includes labour and materials
25 objects – work has already been completed!
3 objects – work is in progress
Why Choose EUROMED–BUD
Creation of individual projects.
Recommendations in the selection of materials
Order a project
- Free site visit and consultation
- Recommendations from experienced professionals
- Selection of quality materials
- Optimization of the budget for implementation
- Full cycle of works and engineering control. When one organization does everything, customers are calmer!
- Quick cost calculation. We spend 30% less client time than the industry average.
- We maintain the high quality and reliability of services. Examples of specific objects already put into operation.
- The use of not new-fangled expensive materials, but proven and profitable solutions. Guaranties for all types of work!
- Fixed cost of services, which will not change! Drawing up estimates and signing the contract before starting work.
- Lack of random people in the team. We have very smart guys working for us, and they become even smarter every year.
How do we work?
We accept an application and contact the customer
We draw up an estimate and agree on the cost
We approve the work schedule and sign the contract
We deliver materials and get to work
We clean up after ourselves and put the object into operation
Do you have any further questions?
- If you have any questions, please feel free to write or call us. If you do not receive an immediate response, your application is being processed.
- We maintain constant contact with our clients and customers. It is possible to contact various divisions of the company by e-mail or by phone.
- Information about all our promotions and discounts is posted on social networks. Please follow us so you don't miss anything!