Often you find out that your interior doing well, yet some rooms need a renovation. You can avoid large-scale work in this case, just change the mirrors and refresh the finishing touch. The timeline and cost for room renovation will depend on the type of room. Sure, wallpapering a children’s room and a total plumbing replacement are different in terms of cost. Read here about how to make renovation in the bathroom where we covered how to avoid common planning mistakes and work in stages.
How to prepare for the room renovation?
Preparing for renovation is as important as the renovation itself. What are the ways to avoid damage in the house as well as make the renovation easier for a constructor and yourself?
- First of all, decide on what you want to achieve. When you imagine the final result, it is easier to start in a right place and finish effortlessly.
- Free up the space before starting. Take things out of the house. However, if you cannot, move them to another room as you can damage the furniture and appliances in a room under renovation. The appliances can be clogged with dust, anything can fall down on them and the furniture. In addition, you can damage those with heavy constructor’s equipment. If the only possible option leaving everything as it is, then make sure to seal furniture to protect it. Use a film and a tape. In addition, inspecting a room is a great way to get rid of old items and throw away many unused staff.
- Do the same to sockets and switches. Seal them so that dust cannot get inside. The seal is easy to remove and it prevents the particles.
- If you plan more than only changing the flooring, cover it as well to prevent damage from moving furniture and equipment.
- Seal the door as well to save it from dust and damage.
These are the basics rules that you should follow while starting a room renovation. Sure, a contractor offer additional cleaning options that you might need, but the above list is a sufficient minimum to protect your items, especially if you are not going to change them.
Where to start the room renovation?
The first thing to decide on is the type of work it requires. Would a retouch be enough or are you going for a drastic change? Which option would work best for you and why they are different, we covered in this article. In both cases, finish all dirty works at the beginning, which might include:
– replacing window blocks;
– replacing window frames;
– changing windowsills.
Such a strategy will reduce dirt and dust, so disturbing during painting process while windows are closed to prevent temperature change and humidity.
Step-by-Step Room Renovation
If your room specifics require a total makeover, then follow our checklist to start a renovation of the room from the scratch.
Step 1. Begin the renovation from removing and changing the wall.
Renovation from scratch is good because it allows total change. In addition, you can revise the inconvenient layout if it seems like that. You can balance the room and make it rectangular or square, cut off or add some space. To do so, remove the walls. Demolish them first and erase the new one where needed. Such a procedure is mandatory if you have changed the wall and it is in a poor condition. Conventionally, the aerated concrete blocks are used in this case. At this stage, new plasterboard build-ins would be appropriate, such as decorated shelves with the light.
Step 2. Change or retouch your floor coating
You will understand the scope of floor works after a thorough inspection of the coating condition. The type of coating also matters, as some are easy to change and some need a patch approach. It is best to change a faded carpet or bad linoleum, with no hesitation. However, you might want to keep a quality laminate having small issues to fix, as well as the solid wood floor calling for cleaning and new protective coat. A solid wood floor, if maintained properly, serves far longer than one generation, that’s why protecting it is a wise measure.
Step 3. Retouch the walls in the room
Retouching the walls means change the wallpapers or the colour by removing them and applying a new one in several stages. Preparing the walls depends on the type of finish. Colour works, for example, take longer to prepare for and they are effort consuming to complete. This is because colours need better preparation of walls than wallpaper to hide roughness. The longevity of the last also depends on the appropriate preparation. Even the smallest cracking net can spoil the entire look. In addition, the paint requires smooth application, otherwise, the walls and the design looks untidy, bringing no beauty to the gaze of the beholder.
Step 4. Arrange the Lights
In one of our articles, we discussed the most preferred interior styles. Often the amount and type of lights depend not only on the room type but also on the house design. For example, Loft tends to have many appealing lamps, while other contemporary designs go for simple and conventional forms. Warmth and intensity also depend on the room and its style. The lounge area in the living room requires different intensity than the lights above the kitchen countertop. Be sure to dig into that topic or request an expert to plan the lights layout for you. Lighting is an important part of the design, as sometimes it serves instead of a partition dividing the space into zones.
Step 5. Arrange the Furniture
Functional furniture layout in a room is as important as suitable lighting. The right place for each piece will ensure its convenient usage and eliminate wasted space. This is especially true for small apartments, where every square matters.
Step 6. Finish with some decor
Have you been craving awesome decor for a long time, but it seemed unfitting and inappropriate? It’s high time to get it! Hurry up and make a shopping hunt for the long-dreamed-about prompts, paintings, and clocks. If the designer was the one who developed your design, he might as well have left you the list of worthy locations to shop at.
Renovation in children’s room
Renovation in children’s room often seems an easy task compared to a kitchen or bathroom project. However, it is only at first glance as a children’s room is usually very small and you have to divide it into zones, which also an experienced designer might find challenging.
The sleeping, play, and study zones are the minimum to fit in. The sleeping zone is made of a bed and a bedside cabinet for small items, and a small wardrobe, optionally.
The play zone layout depends on the kids’ age. Often there are a small Swedish wall, a toy storage, and a small rug to play on. The study zone is made of shelves for notebooks, books, and pens, a comfortable chair, and a computer desk. There is a variety of items you can fit in a children’s room so precise planning would help to avoid issues. We covered better projects for children’s rooms here.
How to kick off an issue-free renovation?
You need to understand the nature of the issues to avoid them. We know the following:
- Removing walls without precise project. Measure seven times and cut only once, in this case, works best.
- Sharing toilet and bathroom may cause inconveniences if more than one person lives in the house and the bathroom is only one. Most people admit it was one of the biggest mistakes and that desired extra one-two-meter space did not worth it.
- Planning without wiring layout. The biggest issue for a construction team in an old house where the wiring layout is just an empty sound. Any future wiring works seams a disaster, as they require solid demolition. Yet just a small sketch can become a successful preventive measure.
- Savings on plumbing and finishes. The cost for top manufacturers’ items can be skyrocketing and we understand the aim to save some money, but trust us, the systematic low-cost plumbing renovation is more expensive in total. It is better to invest in trusted brands at the beginning, and be sure they are saving your future budget long after that. Besides, they are more comfortable for daily usage.
- A dressing room or wardrobe failure. Sometimes arranging the space for those is skipped in a rush. However, storage space is a strategic hub for your design, which makes the difference for your comfortable routine.
How long does it take to renovate a room?
The timeline of the renovation will depend on the room condition, the plan (renovation or makeover), the design, and the size of the room. Thus, a small room will take less time to finish. Our consultant will inform you of the timeline of the work after our techs assess the scope at the place and make a detailed plan.
Renovation price list. How much does it cost to renovate a room?
The duration as well as the cost depend on many factors. Usually they grow proportionally. The room renovation cost depends on your choice, a room size and design. Be sure to find out the average market price and inspect the contractors before entering into the agreement. To do this, search for “room renovation cost” and Google will show you multiple options. Let us advice on how to choose the one.
How to choose a room renovation contractor?
First of all, read the reviews on construction companies. However, it is worth noting that the review is not a guarantee of a good service. See the price list and services offered by a company, and then compare figures. Ask your friends and acquaintances for a reference to a trustworthy contractor. Note that the contractor’s quality of work must be backed with a guarantee contract. This shows the attitude to a client, the level of expertise of staff, and their commitment to their duties. Who wants to pay extra for the work to be done again? The contract guarantees that all the work is done appropriately from the beginning.
Euromed-bud is a company working under a guarantee contract. We are confident in our team. They deal with all types of work and you wouldn`t need to get other parties involved. One more advantage of working with us is that our estimate never change its figures. We show you the real cost at the beginning knowing that anyway you will face it. Do not believe any cheap sweet promises other contractors give you before starting their work. Visit us and our consultants will be glad to estimate the cost of your project.
Choose the appropriate type of work and service package
Price includes labour and materials
25 objects – work has already been completed!
3 objects – work is in progress
Why Choose EUROMED–BUD
Creation of individual projects.
Recommendations in the selection of materials
Order a project
- Free site visit and consultation
- Recommendations from experienced professionals
- Selection of quality materials
- Optimization of the budget for implementation
- Full cycle of works and engineering control. When one organization does everything, customers are calmer!
- Quick cost calculation. We spend 30% less client time than the industry average.
- We maintain the high quality and reliability of services. Examples of specific objects already put into operation.
- The use of not new-fangled expensive materials, but proven and profitable solutions. Guaranties for all types of work!
- Fixed cost of services, which will not change! Drawing up estimates and signing the contract before starting work.
- Lack of random people in the team. We have very smart guys working for us, and they become even smarter every year.
How do we work?
We accept an application and contact the customer
We draw up an estimate and agree on the cost
We approve the work schedule and sign the contract
We deliver materials and get to work
We clean up after ourselves and put the object into operation
Do you have any further questions?
- If you have any questions, please feel free to write or call us. If you do not receive an immediate response, your application is being processed.
- We maintain constant contact with our clients and customers. It is possible to contact various divisions of the company by e-mail or by phone.
- Information about all our promotions and discounts is posted on social networks. Please follow us so you don't miss anything!