Public hospitals and private clinics are among the main buildings in every city. Often, they create the impression of the country as a whole. Thanks to the situation of hospitals, one can assess how much the state cares about people and how much it invests in development. For this reason, it is important that medical institutions have a constantly updated base of devices and qualified doctors and that the condition of hospital wards is good. After all, getting into the clinic, the patient is already experiencing terrible stress and being in comfortable conditions, they feel much calmer. It helps both the patient and the doctors.
Requirements for the renovation of medical institutions
Renovation in medical institutions is different from work in any other space, as it is subject to special requirements from the state. They fall into the following categories:
– general space requirements;
– additional requirements for certain premises and devices;
– requirements for natural lighting;
– general design requirements;
– installation requirements.
General space requirements are the following state regulations:
- The medical centre must be a separate building or group of buildings. It may be located in a building also intended for other purposes, provided that:
– a closed medical institution is completely isolated from other users of the building;
– there is complete isolation of clinics from users in a residential building;
– there is complete isolation of clinics from people in public buildings, collective housing and other buildings. Also excluded are vertical and horizontal communication nodes that are common to all users, except for the internal communication of a healthcare facility.
- The shape and area of each room must ensure the correct location, installation and use of instruments, devices and equipment, which are its necessary functional equipment.
- Buildings of Health Centres may be multi-storey, however, the location of industrial premises below the first floor is prohibited.
- The premises of the institution intended for the stay of people, including hospital blocks, should not be below ground level.
As an exception, the location of the hospital premises below ground level is allowed if these premises are of an economic, technical or medical-diagnostic nature. The exemption also applies to:
– administrative and social premises;
– medical laboratories;
– x-ray rooms;
– ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging rooms;
– computed tomography room.
An additional condition for this is coordination with the local state sanitary inspector.
- In the premises of the building of a medical institution intended for human habitation, the floor level must be at least 0.3 m above the territory adjacent to the building.
- Technical and utility rooms (warehouses, locker rooms for staff, kitchens, laundries, etc.) may be located below the first floor.
Peculiarities in carrying out renovation work in various medical institutions
In addition to the rules for the location of hospital buildings and blocks, there are also other regulations and requirements. These include:
- Sanitary and hygienic standards, which should be especially observed when renovating operating rooms and intensive care units.
- Soundproofing standards. In hospital rooms with noisy equipment, good sound insulation is essential. Such spaces include those in which, for example, an MRI machine or compressors are installed.
- Fire safety standards.
- Safety regulations.
- Lighting regulations. In medical offices, fully sealed lamps should be installed, as dust and bacteria do not accumulate in them.
- Labour protection standards.
It should also be remembered that when choosing suppliers of materials, you need to rely on the quality certificates that they offer since this is a very important requirement for medical institutions. The main characteristics that materials for the hospital renovation in Poland must meet are as follows:
– resistance to constant disinfection and mechanical damage;
– environmental friendliness;
State medical institutions
Renovation for public health facilities usually has certain standards. Hospitals in Poland are made according to standard design projects, which most often differ precisely in the technical aspect (electrical wiring, arrangement of furniture and equipment in the premises, etc.). Usually, designers rarely work on such projects and bring some memorable accents to them. The task of our specialists in such orders is more of a technical nature and not the implementation of interesting ideas to attract more new patients.
Private medical institutions
As for private medical institutions, here the task of creating an interesting design project comes to the fore. Of course, a high-quality technical part is never inferior to design solutions, but in this case, we are no longer talking about a typical similar work. Our designers create interesting spaces for private clinics and renovations in such medical institutions are fundamentally different from any other projects. The task of our team is not only to do everything according to the standard, not only to correctly place furniture and appliances but also to attract as many new patients as possible.
Types of renovation of medical institutions
As for any premises, the hospital renovation in Poland can be of different types: redecoration, overhaul and interior design. Our company Euromed-Bud is engaged in all the above types of work. We will be happy to only lay the floor and paint the walls or we will perform turnkey renovation from scratch.
To understand what type of renovation is needed in your case, you need to determine the condition of the room.
To do that:
- Check for leaks in the heating system.
- Assess the heat dissipation of the batteries.
- Pay attention to the condition of the wiring.
- Check if repairs to drains and plumbing are needed (such as replacing old pipes).
- Assess if the old wall and ceiling covering need to be replaced.
If all these points do not raise questions, then the renovation of a medical institution can only be minor. If any of these items require special attention and work on them, then an overhaul cannot be avoided. If you are still not sure about the correctness of your choice, we will help you decide during the consultation.
Redecoration is carried out approximately once every 5 years, depending on the condition of the premises. For the hospital renovation in Poland, materials that are resistant to damage and permanent antiseptic treatment must be used. In addition, natural wear is added to the constant external influence.
Depending on the requirements, the redecoration plan may include not only wallpapering or wall painting, but also the installation of stretch or suspended ceilings, replacement of flooring, and reconstruction or creation of plasterboard structures.
If redecoration is not enough, then an overhaul comes into play. It implies large-scale work: the dismantling of old finishing, the laying of new utility communications, the reconstruction of the ventilation system, and the reorganization of electrical networks for more convenient work with medical equipment. Such renovation must be done based on the state of utility communications of the building.
The interior design of hospitals in Poland is most often required by private clinics. State institutions have a certain similar concept, but the emphasis is not on design work. If you are the owner of a private clinic in Poland, then our specialists will help you create a medical space that is remembered. It will certainly meet all regulatory requirements and will not just have white walls and the same type of partitions between patients. Thanks to the design, you will be able to show that your private clinic has a completely different level of patient care than a regular public one. From the first minute of being in your medical space, it will be clear that everything here is done primarily for patients and their comfort.
Stages of clinic renovation
Hospital renovation in Poland is divided into the following stages:
- Development of the general concept of the project and its special style.
- Creation and approval of the design. At this point, our specialists coordinate the project in accordance with the wishes of the customer and the characteristics of the medical institution. It is at this stage that the necessary lighting, colours and materials that meet state requirements are selected.
- Purchase of materials and necessary equipment. We work with trusted suppliers who provide quality certificates for their materials. This provides security and confidence to our customers during any government audit.
- Carrying out a renovation that was approved by the customer at the stage of project development.
- Cleaning the premises and handing over the keys to the finished object.
Renovation of children’s medical institutions
From a technical point of view, the renovation of children’s hospitals is no different from the renovation of family clinics or medical facilities for adults. The main difference lies in the design and atmosphere of this space. In the clinic, children should feel safe so as not to be afraid of doctors and prescribed procedures. In one of our articles, we wrote in more detail about the renovation of children’s clinics. In such hospitals, you can add a play area, and decorate the walls with posters, large stickers of superheroes or cartoon characters. The main feature of the space will be exactly the decor and design. And its main task is to look bright and cheerful, diverting the attention of young patients from the hospital theme. This is exactly what our team of designers will help create.
If you need a hospital renovation in Poland, we will be happy to advise you on any issues that may arise. Our main task in any project is to ensure that the result exceeds all your expectations!